Saturday, October 21, 2006

Up Sales, Down Sales

Anyone who has ever been associated with sales knows that you have your good times and your bad times. What no one tells you is that there is frequently nothing you can do about your bad times and that sometimes you're bad times lead to no-more times!

This is the dilemma that has plagued my online business since the end of September as since then my sales have been down by 60%-70%... and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I haven't done anything different, there isn't any new competition and I have not decreased my advertising budget. This "slump" is so severe that if I do not find a new way of attracting new sales I'm simply going to stop advertising altogether and slowly let my business die on the vine.

That's what I mean by "sometimes bad times lead to no-more times".

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my web site and have recently added a couple of new pages, one dealing with easily classifying all the different dental procedures there are while the second page is a step-by-step guide to resolving dental complaints between a patient and a dentist. I'm even planning on adding an additional page or two on the different types of dental coverage available to individuals these days as well as an article on the rising cost of dental care in America.

If I am so damn proud of my web site, why am I considering giving it up? Pure and unadulterated frustration with my online dental plan business, that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community