Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tea For Two Is Good For You

'
Did you know that drinking either black or is good for your teeth? Christine Wu, Ph.D. and associate dean for research at the University of Illinois, has conducted several studies on tea in oral health and her research has found that;

* Plant compounds found in both black and green tea prevent plaque from building up in addition to helping prevent the development of cavities.
* Tea has the potential to reduce bad breath as it inhibits the growth of bacteria that causes the odor.
* Many teas also contain fluoride which helps protect the tooth's enamel from decay.

Well, I guess it's goodbye to Coke and Pepsi for me from now on. Tea is my new drink of choice. If I'm lucky, it will save me at least one trip to the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community