Sunday, February 18, 2007

Have A Dental Related Question? Yahoo!

Have you ever wished that you could ask a question about almost anything and have a bunch of people that you don't know answer your question, even if their answers don't help you one bit?

Then you'll love Yahoo Answers.

I will spare you the boring details about this relatively new community at Yahoo.com where registered participants can both ask questions about any subject as well as answer other people's questions about any subject. The Yahoo Answers subject I choose to participate in is, naturally enough, Dentistry. Once there, I search for unresolved questions dealing with either the cost of dental procedures or about dental coverage in general.

What I think is so cool about this Q&A service is that people can vote on the quality of others answers. At present, roughly one third of the answers I have given have been voted "Best Answer"... a statistic I am particularly proud of, thank you very much.

Part Altruism, Part Kowalsky-ism
Of course, the reason I registered for this Q&A service is not just because I like helping people via providing informative answers to inquiries some people have about dental coverage, but I also get the chance to promote my dental plan website with every answer I provide. Over time, this could only help build my reputation within the "dental coverage website community" and hopefully boost how my web site ranks in the search engines, especially Yahoo.com

I'm glad my mother didn't raise any stupid kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community