Monday, July 27, 2009

Economic Stimulus Helping Ex-Cons To Receive Free Dental Care

'
DENTAL NEWS: As part of the federal stimulus package, the New Mexico Corrections Department received a federal grant of more than $850,000 to fix the teeth of prisoners who have dental problems stemming from drug abuse. The money will also allow 22 former prisoners to take part in a study to see if these ex-prisoners have a better chance of finding employment in the private sector if their teeth look better.

DENTAL VIEWS: This really boils my blood. Forget about how granting money to fix prisoners teeth is considered to be "economic stimulus"; instead, focus on the insanity that involves spending taxpayers money on improving the smiles of ex-prisoners in the hopes that they might get a job! I correspond with people every day on my website who would love the government to pay to improve their smile, but since they avoid doing illegal drugs and going to prison, they don't qualify. Makes me sick. Excuse me while I go throw up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community