Friday, April 23, 2010

How To Get Free Dental Care? Just Don't Pay!

'
Dental News
Everyone is looking for ways to save money at the dentist (I even wrote an article about this on my website), but one Georgia woman took the idea of dental discounts way too far.

Employees at Downtown Dental --a dental office in Augusta, Georgia-- filed a theft of services report with the Richmond County Sheriff's office alleging that Kathleen Noreika, 38, of Graniteville, Georgia left the office without paying after having $646 worth of dental work done on April 8, 2010.

An employee of Downtown Dental told the sheriff's office that Ms. Noreika executed her theft by claiming she had to go out to her car for her purse in order to pay the dentist's bill but after leaving, never returned.

Related Blog Posts
Where To Find Free/Low Cost Dental Care ( October 5, 2009 )
Taking Bite Out Of Dental Bills ( August 13, 2007 )

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Was she arrested for this? What if they have the wrong info? I have seen this before - a customer goes in with false information and leaves and the police cannot go after them because they do not have their correct info. Check out this great consumer affairs website I found earlier - alarming stuff and scams you need to know about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the Newspaper article only stated let the dental office filed a theft of service complaint against the alleged thief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think getting work done and not paying is just about my only option at this point. I need to get my wisdom teeth out and I have no insurance! I hate my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My insurance has a dental cap, do most cosmetic surgeons have financing available?(Northridge tooth implants)

    ReplyDelete

 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community